I can't connect to mobile network (Vodaphone) in Italy and VZW support had no answers :
    I have 8830 Global, called VZW and got the global plan before leaving for Italy. I activated international dialing before I left and updated the roaming programs. I arrived in Italy and could not connect. If I switch to manual/GSM, I can select Vodaphone but my phone/SIM card does not connect and I always get SOS. Removing the battery does not help, nor did 30 minutes each with 2 international tech support people. Both told me that they thought the SIM card was the problem (damaged?), but when someone put it in their Italian phone, the card worked fine. An Italian card does not work in my phone however. So far, no one knows anything that works, not Verizon nor the Vodaphone store in Rome, and I keep spending money and time to find this out.
    Has anyone else head this problem and/or resolved it?
    06-05-09 11:10 AM
    If you can get it unlocked over there, you would be able to use an italian prepaid SIM, i know there is an update which unlocks the SIM bay for worldwide use.
    06-05-09 05:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD