Can anybody help me? I got the phone yesterday and tried to open the map - gray field and GPS is not connecting! Is there something in phone or sim card settings that I need to change?

Thanks!
    04-16-08 09:31 AM
    do you have data? check out Options-Advanced Options-GPS
    04-16-08 09:33 AM
    Just to piggy back on wolff46, once you get to the GPS menu hit the little blackberry button to bring up the menu and refresh the GPS. I find I need to refresh mine from time to time otherwise I don't get a signal OR I get a bogus location, normally Seattle, WA. LoL. Ihope this helps you out

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-16-08 11:58 AM
    One thing to keep in mind with any gps unit is that if you are moving it picks up the signal a whole lot faster.
    04-16-08 04:50 PM
    One thing to keep in mind with any gps unit is that if you are moving it picks up the signal a whole lot faster.
    Actually, I believe that being stationary works better since you are not changing (even subtly) the angle between your device and satellites. At least, that has been my experience using my various Garmins and the puck for my 8830. But the user should definitely find a clear, open area for picking up the satellites the first time or if not used for a while.
    04-16-08 09:29 PM
    I use an external gps the freedom keychain gps 2000 who is working perfectly with my BB.
    04-17-08 01:56 AM
    This maybe be a silly answer, but have you check if your wireless is on?
    04-17-08 06:05 PM
    I just got a warranty exchange and got an 8310 today.

I called and added the ATT navigator and it worked fine. I had to turn the phone off and switch the SIM back to get my old numbers. Since I put the SIM back in, the GPS cant connect to anything? I hit the BB key when it opens but all it says is "give feedback" and "help".

What do I do to make the GPS connect?
    05-29-08 03:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD