Alright folks.
    just got a second hand 8800. I have a few small issues I wonder if anyone can help me with.
    My own phone died late last week so I needed a very quick replacement. I went into a second hand phone shop and bought the 8800.
    Now I am in Ireland but I believe the phone originated in The US (well it has SPRINT written on it).
    I have a couple of questions about it. Anyone able to help. It has no manual although I have downloaded a pdf but it's not really helping.
    09-07-09 03:02 PM
    What problems are you facing?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-07-09 05:20 PM
    Shoot us some of the issues your facing and let's see what we can do.
    09-07-09 05:25 PM
    OK.
    First of all when I make a call "my number" thats shows up on the screen is the previous owners number ie 415305XXXX where as my number is(+353) 8638XXXXX (Irish mobile). when I call anyone my own number shows, Irish number, so its only a minor irritation but if I could get it sorted it would be great. I went into the options-advanced-sim card and changed it from there but it didnt work

Second.This may be an operator problem or maybe a problem with this being ,more than likely, a US phone.
    When I first got the phone on Sunday afternoon and some people texted me the the txts people sent me were being delivered very irraticaly.
    Some txts were being delivered multiple times and the same txts still being delivered when I switched it on this morn (Tues). Some werent getting delivered at all until this morn.

I know some of it maybe just me being a BB virgin but any help would be great. I have some more but I will get to them later..
    Thanks
    Last edited by bcmf; 09-08-09 at 05:07 AM.
    09-08-09 03:38 AM
    Anybody with this
    This may be an operator problem or maybe a problem with this being ,more than likely, a US phone.
    When I first got the phone on Sunday afternoon and some people texted me the the txts people sent me were being delivered very irraticaly.
    Some txts were being delivered multiple times and the same txts still being delivered when I switched it on this morn (Tues). Some werent getting delivered at all until this morn.
    It went away roe a while but it came back with a vengenance over the last 48hrs. The same messages being delivered to me over and over .....
    09-24-09 07:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD