I�m writing about changes I�ve found on the new OS 4.5 Build 37.
    I�m a developer & engineer for linux, but I�ve recently switched from my IPhone
    Back to my brand new 8800 I stopped using cause I got my IPhone a week after the 8800..
    Anyway enough of my story I�ll try to update this post with my findings, as they come.

Media,
    If anyone has noticed when connected to your pc through Mini USB and are accessing your T-Flash card
    The folder structure looks like this X:\Blackberry & X:\Playlists
    Under the Blackberry folder are the following folders:
    pictures, voicenotes, documents, videos, ringtones

I�m assuming but haven�t tried yet weather or not the playlist folder is specifically for use with their bundled roxio media manager, but when just placing an .m3u playlist in that folder references become incomplete when trying to play your music obviously because there in another folder.

While I haven�t tried to create a playlist with the music referenced to the music folder this would be a very unpractical use of already created playlists, so I�m sure in future builds they will be addressing this.

What I have found is that if you place both your music and playlist in the same X:\Blackberry\music folder your playlist will be recognized also and play your music that you have referenced through your playlist.

Going through this process also has given light to the fact that Gapless Playback isn�t available in this build. I WOULD SERIOUSLY HOPE, that this function will be added in later builds of OS 4.5

I�ve also noticed that while your phone is locked using the volume control you can still increase and decrease the volume of the music, if you press and hold the UP Volume control you will also skip to the following track in your playlist. Down does the reverse.

Hope this brings a little more insight into the music capabilities of the new not yet released Beta OS.
    05-29-08 05:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD