I am trying to send an SMS text message from my bb and receive the error "Failed to send message - packet error". How do I get this message to transmit?
    05-19-08 01:43 PM
    I am trying to send an SMS text message from my bb and receive the error "Failed to send message - packet error". How do I get this message to transmit?
    I am too having same error message, cant seem to get it resolve
    I'm on Sprint network, they cant seem to figure out whats wrong with it...if anyone in here knows what the deal is...let us kno how to get the packets transmit....Thanks in advance
    05-27-08 11:16 PM
    Welcome to CB. First try a battery pull. With your phone on, remove the battery for 30 seconds, then put it back in.

Does this solve your issue?
    05-27-08 11:25 PM
    This fixed me! I was having the exact same problem. Thanks for posting it!

Warm Regards,
    Scott Hardy
    08-23-08 09:16 PM
    I have this problem almost every day now, if not more than once per day. Granted pulling the battery does solve the problem (temporarily), is there some underlying cause for this problem and maybe a more permanent fix?
    11-18-08 12:12 PM
    I had a similar problem with my BB. The issue was the mobile number stored in my contact was an 11-digit number ("1" in front of area code as an example). There is a known issue with the BB software that is not resolved yet (as of 11/15/2010).

Solution.
    1. delete any previous attempts of trying to send to that mobile number. Inbox / sent box must be free of 11-digit numbers.
    2. Change/Edit your contacts so that the mobile number(s) you're trying to text only have 10-digits. (aaa-nnn-nnnn) or (aaannnnnnn).
    3. Once contacts have been edited and sent/inbox is free of any 11-digit mobiles, you should be able to send SMS text messages.

Good luck.
    Dan
    11-16-10 12:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD