Has anyone had the problem where their SMS messages will occasionally get wiped out?

I do send a lot of SMS messages and for instance this morning all the messages I sent/received yesterday are completely gone. I have my message INBOX set to "combined" so my email and SMS messages show up in the same screen.

Not only does it wipe out my SMS messages but it's also wiping out my call history.

Just wondered if anyone else has had this problem and if so what did you do to keep it from happening.
    04-22-08 09:22 AM
    it sounds like you are out of memory...

go to options>status...

what does it say under file free?

-db
    04-22-08 09:26 AM
    04-22-08 09:27 AM
    Yeah it says 0 bytes. I didn't even think about that maybe being the problem.

I guess I should really get a micro SD card.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-22-08 09:52 AM
    Thanks for the help guys.
    04-22-08 09:59 AM
    ...I guess I should really get a micro SD card.
    A microSD card will only help if you have a very large number of ringtones or pictures in your device memory. Those you can move to the card. You need to remove components of the OS that you are not using to free up significant memory. See these links:

Why is my BlackBerry losing its call logs or message logs? - BlackBerryFAQ

How do I free up memory on my device? - BlackBerryFAQ

http://www.blackberryforums.com/gene...ax-memory.html
    04-22-08 11:11 AM
    i had the same problem...i tried looking on here for advice and couldn't find any so i just brought it back to verizon and they replaced it for me...i also had a bunch of other problems.
    04-22-08 11:21 AM
    i had the same problem...i tried looking on here for advice and couldn't find any so i just brought it back to verizon and they replaced it for me...i also had a bunch of other problems.
    i doubt you couldn't find any advice lol there is at least 20 people on here a day with text deleting issues and memory issues
    04-22-08 11:23 AM
    Thanks JeffH for the advice and those links and anyone else who posted them.

I'm going go through and et rid of the BS stuff I don't need as suggested on those websites tonight.

However, just FYI if anyone is looking for a microSD card...check out amazon. I got a 2GB one for 17 bucks after shipping and taxes.
    04-22-08 01:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD