I want to exchange SMS messages with friends who do not use s Blackberry so I don't want to use the SMS application that comes with the phone.

I would like to receive a pop up message when I receive an SMS message like I do when I have a calendar reminder.

Is this possible?

Thanks!
    03-25-08 12:49 PM
    The bbberry SMS work fine with any SMS capable device? whats the issue?
    03-25-08 01:26 PM
    If I receive an incoming SMS message, I would like to receive a pop up alert in addition to the alert tone. Can Blackberry Messenger be configured to do this?

It appears that Blackberry Messenger is not the default viewer for incoming SMS messages. Can that be configured?

Thanks.
    03-26-08 09:40 AM
    Pop up alerts for SMS messages are not possible to the best of my knowledge.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-26-08 09:44 AM
    sms message do not pen unless your phone is in the holster, thus it will show the active massage, other then that it's the LED light, sound and the star symbol that is on the SMS incon....
    03-26-08 09:53 AM
    i dont see the issue. you will see the icon on the top of the phone... its almost the same thing. instead of a pop up, it will vibrate/sms tone and you will have the icon and your led will blink.
    03-26-08 09:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD