I am managing 10 New Sprint "8830 WE".

We use SMS a lot. On our 8700 we would get a "D" over the checkmark on the SMS, once delivery of the SMS was confirmed.

I set up options:

Options> SMS TXT > Delivery Reports > ON.

Any thoughts on why were are not getting the Delivery Reports?
    12-01-07 01:15 PM
    Could be that it was delayed or the device were turned off? I usually just resend my messages.. , but then again I can never wait! I want it delivered instantly.
    12-01-07 01:22 PM
    No we have had them several days and been sending each other SMS. However no delivery "D" Symbols
    12-01-07 01:38 PM
    I have noticed with my phone on Verizon that I get the D only sometimes yet the people are recieving the messages...

I don't know what the deal is, but sometimes I just get the check mark...
    12-01-07 05:47 PM
    Let me also add, just because you get a "D" notification, that does not mean the other person received the message. I witnessed that the other day myself when I sent a text to the person next to me and she never got it but I got the "D."
    12-01-07 05:58 PM
    I believe you only get the "D" while sending to a subscriber on the same network (at least on my verizon BB). For example, I am on verizon and I send my mom a text (also verizon) I'll see that "D" above the checkmark when it is delivered.

If I text my dad (he's on cingular), I'll only see the checkmark saying it was sent from my device.

I'm about 95% sure that's the deal with it showing/not showing up.
    12-03-07 03:29 PM
    I believe you only get the "D" while sending to a subscriber on the same network (at least on my verizon BB). For example, I am on verizon and I send my mom a text (also verizon) I'll see that "D" above the checkmark when it is delivered.

If I text my dad (he's on cingular), I'll only see the checkmark saying it was sent from my device.

I'm about 95% sure that's the deal with it showing/not showing up.
    you are correct, long story but i know a lot about cell carrier networks

you get the D notification when it is a subscriber within your network, it has to do with a specific signature flag that is triggered from within that network and does not cross networks

the icons signify this

the radio waves means its transmitting to cell tower
    check means cell tower has received and cached it on the tower server for queueing to transit
    once the SMS has left queing and goes to transit which means it has left the tower's local server and has been sent to either verizon's message manager or out to a different network then a D appears saying the message has been delivered which really means "message has been delivered to the network" not necessarily it's on the recipients device already, most of the time it happens so fast it usually hits the person's handheld within roughly 3-5 seconds which coincidentally is the same time the queue server will send you the D flag to notify you its been delivered, it's a pretty accurate indicator

in some instances the other person's hanheld can be off and you'll still get a D
    Also, remember, network traffic has to be considered with this, you'd be amazed at the amount of packet data that is sent into those cell tower servers and frame networks, it's ridiculously high
    12-03-07 03:34 PM
    I thought the "D" and "R" were for PIN messages only.
    12-03-07 03:35 PM
    Have you tried putting <confirm> in the subject line, that was a trick that a Cingular CS rep had me try once.
    12-03-07 03:36 PM
    Let me also add, just because you get a "D" notification, that does not mean the other person received the message. I witnessed that the other day myself when I sent a text to the person next to me and she never got it but I got the "D."
    I should add that she is also on Verizon.
    12-03-07 03:40 PM
    i see what you mean by the confirmation of delivery with the "D" is there any way to see if a sms message sent to a phone on the same network has been read? my friend has an LG and says she can do this, she also has verizon, same as me.
    03-04-08 11:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD