HELP!! I have had my bberry since November and haven't experienced any problems. Last night my bberry decided it would be fun to start deleting my text messages as i send them and recieve them..before i can even read them! I am lost without my sms. Can anyone help? I didn't change any settings so I have no idea why it is doing this and if possible I would love to avoid sitting in the Verizon store forever tonight to try and get it fixed.
    01-31-08 08:34 AM
    Most likely your memory is low, check options> Status> free memory. You need to do a hard reset once and a while by pulling the battery off with your bb powered on.
    01-31-08 08:36 AM
    Agreed it does sound like you BB is experiencing a "Memory Leak"... do as zerog32 suggest and check how much memory you have free BEFORE the battery reset once the battery reset has been completed see how much memory you have AFTER. If the amount increased you have a memory leak issue.
    01-31-08 08:38 AM
    "Memory Leak" sounds scary! but my free space was at zeroo! I never thought of that. I deleted a few things and hopefully now it is working better. Thank you so much. You guys are lifesavers
    01-31-08 08:52 AM
    From what I have heard RIM is aware of the memory problem but who knows when a fix will be out. Some say it's caused by 3rd party apps.
    01-31-08 08:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD