Yeah... so I have Slacker cached on my BB, but when I'm riding my Harley the vibration is so bad it cannot read from the media card. BB works fine until about 40mph then it starts skipping. Any suggestions?!
    06-10-09 08:43 PM
    yea... get a sport bike

mine never skips even while I come down from my wheelies!
    06-10-09 08:55 PM
    anyone else?
    06-15-09 01:31 AM
    Can you cushion the phone any inside your jacket, or something?

I'm suffering a skipping problem, too, but I'm not on a motorcycle. Mine relates to riding the public transit and then going underground where there's no signal.

If I were you, I'd try cushioning or suspending the phone in several different places away from the body of the bike. If you get creative, you might find a way to anchor it down where the vibrations don't get close enough to it to affect the media player.
    06-18-09 09:13 AM
    Vibration should not cause skipping AFAIK. I could be wrong though. There are no moving parts that would be affected by vibration. SD cards are solid state devices and the card should not be able to move enough to physically separate it from the device, although that might be possible. I would imagine playback would stop completely in those situations.
    06-18-09 01:26 PM
    When I get off the bike, walk, run, or in the car it works fine. So evidently there is something there... may be the speaker itself vibrating and cannot pull the diaphragm (sp).
    06-25-09 03:37 PM
    Yeah... so I have Slacker cached on my BB, but when I'm riding my Harley the vibration is so bad it cannot read from the media card. BB works fine until about 40mph then it starts skipping. Any suggestions?!
    I had a card that would do the same thing when I was jogging. I changed the card and the problem went away. I also noticed when I opened the battery cover the card slot would be unlocked with the old card. It stays closed with the new one.
    06-26-09 08:12 PM
    I have the same problem (the skipping part) and mine is skipping now and again and I have not even tried it on my Harley yet. The reason I bought the headset was for the bike. I assumed it had something to do with the bluetooth stereo headset I bought, the Rocker (sp?). I actually store one card on top of the one that is in the cradle. Not sure if that is good idea, but I couldn't find another spot for it.
    Question 1. Are you using Bluetooth?
    Question 2. (anyone) How do the headsets work on bikes traveling down the road? I have a "geezer glide" with, believe it or not, quiet pipes.

p.s. I also listen to Slacker cached.
    Last edited by gusmyster; 06-30-09 at 03:29 PM.
    06-30-09 03:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD