Hi guys,

I'm in the Real Estate management business, and the ability to at least mostly receive email has been highly convenient, needless to say...there are days however, that I basically don't even have to look at my device. That being said, I have a non-pda regular style motorola flip phone that I use for calls, and even then it's not for more than ~700 minutes per month. I make calls to many different numbers, but for regular work I don't need to use voice services for much more than 5 or so minutes per phone call.

I feel like I should just combine all of the needs into one device, of course the 8830, but I really feel annoyed by its size, really its width it seems.

Just wanted some opinions... What do you guys recommend? Just wondering what solutions people use for business/personal, etc.

thanks.
    08-18-08 12:32 PM
    Well, why wouldn't you just get the 8330 then??
    08-18-08 12:37 PM
    Good question. A friend of mine just upgraded to that one (Curve?), and I basically could not stand the keyboard on it. The keys are too small for my hands.. but I do think it's nice and light at least.... oh well.
    08-18-08 12:39 PM
    I have the 8820. I think that's the same size, and it is fine. It is great to hold and type on and is rock solid. I would reccoment going to the store and playing with all the bbs and picking the one you like best.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-18-08 12:41 PM
    Well, honestly, if the size of the 8830 bothers you so much, why not try out the Curve? I couldn't stand the qwerty either when I first got mine. However, I got used to it and love it now. The Curve also has far more memoury than the WE, and of course the camera function. It's up to you, but I would say get the Curve and try it out.
    sorry about my spelling, forgot to use spell check! :P

Jenay, why do you spell memory like that? My spelling is horrible as you can see above, so I'm not criticizing, just asking.

08-18-08 12:44 PM
    Eric, I have been over this with sooo many people here, I'm surprised you missed it.

I am not American. This is how I was taught to spell.
    08-18-08 12:47 PM
    hey guys, thanks for the recommendations. I agree, this is one solid device. On the Curve, to be honest I really don't want a camera on my phone/pda.

Well, I think I'm going to give it a try... so I'll switch my "main #" to my 8830, and use it as one primary device this week, and see how it goes. I'm actually impressed by its battery performance too!

I thought it would be abismal, after being used to my Extended battery on the motorola flip phone. Then I realized it's basically a high-capacity battery on the 8830, 1400mah??

Or maybe I can convince my friend to let me borrow his Curve this week :P
    08-18-08 12:49 PM
    oh, where are you from?

08-18-08 12:50 PM
    Jenay, why do you spell memory like that? My spelling is horrible as you can see above, so I'm not criticizing, just asking.

I never noticed that she spells it like this.
    08-18-08 12:50 PM
    Or maybe I can convince my friend to let me borrow his Curve this week :P
    I cant wait to see if that happens!
    08-18-08 12:52 PM
    oh, where are you from?

Either somewhere from Europe or Austrilia.
    They also spell tire tyre and flavor flavour and many more.
    08-18-08 12:56 PM
    Hi guys,

I'm in the Real Estate management business, ...I feel like I should just combine all of the needs into one device, of course the 8830, but I really feel annoyed by its size, really its width it seems...
    Depending on what you do in Real Estate, it may or may not matter to you, but none of the BlackBerry models have IR capability...so you can't use them with IR-controlled key lock boxes. That's been mentioned by a couple of RE members as an issue.
    Last edited by JeffH; 08-18-08 at 01:25 PM. Reason: typo
    08-18-08 12:57 PM
    Jeff, thanks for the info, and I didn't know that... I see. Good thing that won't affect my needs.

How often do you charge your battery up?
    08-18-08 01:03 PM
    I'm actually from Prince Rupert.

Anyhow, definitely try the Curve. It may fit your needs a bit better, seeing as the size is a bit smaller.
    08-18-08 01:07 PM
    Jeff, thanks for the info, and I didn't know that... I see. Good thing that won't affect my needs.

How often do you charge your battery up?
    Nightly. It doesn't hurt the battery to be charged frequently; in fact, it's better to do that than to let it get in the red zone on the meter. Below about 10% battery, it'll disable the phone and you won't be able to use it without recharging to 20% or so.
    08-18-08 01:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD