What is it that you love about your 8830 WE??

call me superficial but i like the way it looks and feels.
    03-11-08 09:38 AM
    I like how it doesn't have GPS or WiFi. Also, I always look forward to RIM outages... I think it's more of a tradition now then anything else. My friends and I all get together and have large "Our BBs don't work" parties when that happens. Oh, and the poor native Internet Browser rendering and no HTML email is the best! Those are my favorite features.
    03-11-08 09:56 AM
    Some things and people never change.

What a way to crap in a thread that is NO where close to what the OP asked.

I like how it doesn't have GPS or WiFi. Also, I always look forward to RIM outages... I think it's more of a tradition now then anything else. My friends and I all get together and have large "Our BBs don't work" parties when that happens. Oh, and the poor native Internet Browser rendering and no HTML email is the best! Those are my favorite features.
    03-11-08 10:10 AM
    Call me odd but I enjoy the feel in my hands too... I sometimes find myself holding it instead of holstering after a call just cuz I can. Now, someone could read this post and put an entirely different spin on my words but, my goodness... get your minds out of the gutter, lol
    03-11-08 12:17 PM
    It's red and it's just.........HOT! What else can I say?
    03-11-08 12:43 PM
    Mine's Black, and dat cool. My GPS works just fine. You want outages? Try a Q.
    03-11-08 12:51 PM
    I moved from a palm treo 650. And I like that the email actaully works well. the standard browser is pretty crappy, but you can download opera, and that is about the best other than safari fomr the iphone. The blackberry is great.
    03-11-08 01:10 PM
    You want outages? Try a Q.
    What are you talking about? A Q is not tied into any type of 3rd party data access server. None of the Palm OS or MS OS based phones are for that matter. If you had "an outage" then it was probably your carrier to begin with. No data access to the carrier is not the same as no data access to RIM when they have an outage. BB's depend on DATA from carrier and DATA from RIM, others do not. Just FYI, that's all, so you don't misunderstand how a BB works.
    03-11-08 03:07 PM
    Hmmm where to start? Saying i LOVE my phone might be a bit of an overstatement. Some of the emotion you guys attach to your phones makes me curious about your predilections as well as just slightly uncomfortable. You guys need to remember that it's ok to love your phone, just dont LOVE your phone! (yeah I stole that from a movie) As for MY 8830....It's a lot more stable than my ppc-6700 windows mobile phone. Looking at it I would say it's even approaching sleek, although when comparing to the HTC phone a cinder block is sleek. The GPS function is nice to have as well as being able to expand the memory. I also love the intimidated look my friends get when they pick it up and try to figure out how to use a phone with more than just a keypad.
    03-11-08 03:45 PM
    Mines an 8800 but it's the same physically!

i love everything about it physically! and functionally!
    03-11-08 04:48 PM
    I love the way it looks and feels. I, too, sometimes just sit and hold it in my hand waiting for a message to come in...

Yes, I am nuts about my 'berry.
    03-12-08 12:29 AM
    Mine is a 8820 and the same physically and the thing I like the best about it is hooking it to my car stereo and playing my MP3's. Oh and being able to connect to my corporate emails which very very important to me.
    03-12-08 12:43 AM
    What are you talking about? A Q is not tied into any type of 3rd party data access server. None of the Palm OS or MS OS based phones are for that matter. If you had "an outage" then it was probably your carrier to begin with. No data access to the carrier is not the same as no data access to RIM when they have an outage. BB's depend on DATA from carrier and DATA from RIM, others do not. Just FYI, that's all, so you don't misunderstand how a BB works.
    Try getting corporate email on a Q when the exchange server is setting behind a Sonicwall firewall. No mobile vpn client = no email, this is a permanent outage and why I crossed over to Blackberry. I can't understand why you continue to use a BB when you seem to hate them and RIM so much. When I don't like a product or service I move on to another provider.
    03-12-08 08:58 PM
    Try getting corporate email on a Q when the exchange server is setting behind a Sonicwall firewall. No mobile vpn client = no email, this is a permanent outage and why I crossed over to Blackberry. I can't understand why you continue to use a BB when you seem to hate them and RIM so much. When I don't like a product or service I move on to another provider.
    Your Q not being able to use ActiveSync to the Exchange server through your Sonicwall is not your fault or the fault of the Q or the carrier in question. It's the fault of the dumba$$ admin that apperently works for the IT department in your company. I can't help it if he doesn't know how to run a network to give people access to the resources they need. I have several clients that run Sonicwalls with a combo of both Blackberries (through BIS) and MS based smartphones connecting to an Exchange server inside the network. I also have others that run Cisco PIXs for firewalls and they all have the same capabilities. None of these networks are unsecure and they all have advanced capabilities like mobile email to their various devices and also access to web based email if needed (in a pinch). There is simply no excuse for someone who doesn't know what they are doing as an admin to blame the issues you are/were having with your device on the device itself. It's simply inexperience and misunderstanding on the IT departments end of what is correct security and incorrect security.

Look at it this way, I'm not advocating leaving things widely open and I certainly do not do that, but in theory you can secure your home with either good locks or by boarding up all your windows and doors. Which is more inteligent/reliable to you in order to be able to stay safe and also use your home how it's meant to be used. Yeah, that's my point.... good locks and proper security. I'm sorry, but I can't help it if your admin is just s t u p i d. Stay .
    03-12-08 09:41 PM
    What is it that you love about your 8830 WE??

call me superficial but i like the way it looks and feels.
    I just love the way it feels in my hand, the weight and the smoothness of the phone. I guess that makes me Superficial also, oh well!
    03-13-08 09:44 PM
    I like the way it feels in my hand, it looks so cool and it works great.
    03-13-08 11:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD