To use the 8830 outside of the country is it necessary to have the sim card loaded with the phone book or to just have the sim card installed? I have been trying to move the phone book into the sim card and it is not working. Thanks.
    06-01-08 10:37 PM
    My question is where do you get a sim card and where does it go? The only slot I see is the one used by the SD card...
    06-01-08 10:58 PM
    I got the sim card for free from Verizon when I purchased the phone back in Jan. It fits in generally the same location as the SD card but UNDERNEATH the battery. Pull the battery and it slips in kind of to the upper left corner, if I recall. No latching/rotating mechanism like the SD card fitting.
    06-01-08 11:35 PM
    Seeing as how the address book for the BB is stored on the device itself, theres no need to use the phone book on the SIM. This way you can easily remove a SIM and replace it with a different carrier, and still have your contacts.
    06-01-08 11:50 PM
    ya to get to the sim card slot pull the battery and then theres a slot on the left hand side. Slide the card in but if its not fitting then try turning it the otherway around..it should slide in somewhat easily....not the easiest phone to put in or take out the sim card.
    06-02-08 08:03 AM
    The SIM card goes on the left directly above the battery. The industrial design is very poor on this device.

MAKE sure you put the SIM in the right way, it is reversed from 99% of other phones and there is no picture. the notched corner should be visible and the gold contacts should be facing down if you are looking at the back side of your BB 8830. If you have it in properly, you should be able to see your SIM card number from Options/Advanced Options / SIM Card.

the SIM is difficult to remove. I keep a "Post IT" tape flag on the back of my battery and slide that in on top of the SIM to grab it and pull it out.
    06-07-08 07:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD