Hello, any help would be appreciated because I've been scouring the internet for solutions and can't find any help. Here goes:

I have a blackberry 8820 with TMobile as my carrier. I purchased the blackberry off ebay (it was unlocked and previously used with AT&T) and it has worked for the past several months just fine.

A few days ago I recieved the JVM error 102, after looking for solutions and none of them working, I just reinstalled the OS through the desktop manager (version 4.7).

Now the phone is able to start up and seemingly function properly, however: the phone has reverted to its original AT&T theme and it does not recognize my SIM card. The entire GUI is different than it was previously, and it is incapable of making any calls nor connecting to the T-Mobile network. I have not loosened any screws or otherwise made any modifications, and I've no clue what to do.

Any help would be appreciated.
    04-17-11 08:38 PM
    Well, I can see it reverting back to the standard AT&T theme. You likely lost the theme you were using before the wipe.

However, wiping and reinstalling does not re-lock the phone. I still have my unlocked AT&T 8800 (just don't use it anymore) and it runs fine with my T-Mobile SIM.

When it powers up, what network does it show? Does it show anything other than SOS?
    04-18-11 10:54 PM
    It remains unlocked, I checked to make sure. It goes straight to SOS, with the message "Insert SIM card" consistently showing
    04-19-11 01:02 AM
    fixed by my own means. thanks y'all anyhow!
    04-20-11 01:39 AM
    How did you fix it? I'm having this issue with my 9000. Thanks

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-20-11 06:28 AM
    Yes, please post. Don't be embarrassed if it was a oversight on your part. We all do that. It's important to list the fix so everyone else can benefit.
    04-20-11 09:41 AM
    Yes please post the fix. I am having the same issue with a 9800 Torch. Please help!
    05-06-11 06:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD