What does this setting actually do?
    I use Agenda view by default and I love it (it allows me to see more appointments within the screen then Day view). However, I thought that if I set the setting "show end time in agenda view" to NO that it would stop showing the end time of agenda items. This is not the case. When set to NO, some agenda items show the end time and some do not .. does anyone know why? What am I missing here? This setting seems to have no effect.

---------
    BB 8830 WE with Bell Mobility
    01-03-08 02:11 AM
    I've been experiencing the same problem ... and I see that this post has been viewed 118 times without any response.

Any of you Crackberry God/Master/Genius types up to the task?

Where's good old NaviWilliams when you need him?
    06-12-08 02:30 PM
    Perhaps it's been viewed so many times without response because we can't replicate the problem. The yes/no toggle works on my 8830 in agenda view just like you thought it should.

It sounds trite, but have you tried a battery pull to reset your device?
    06-12-08 03:55 PM
    Thanks for the suggestion JeffH. Tried a battery pull to no avail.

I've had a further exploration of the difficulty and it appears the Agenda view of calendar defaults into displaying the 'end time' (regardless of choosing the option not to show end time) whenever there is a perceived scheduling conflict of appointments. This brings up a little 'conflict icon' (two tiny red boxes overlapping each other) on the far right of the screen.

Is there any way to stop the BB identifying appointment conflicts in this way?
    06-17-08 04:31 AM
    I can't find a way. I tried setting overlapping appointments, both with "show time as: free." It still indicates the conflict. Warning you that you have conflicting free times seems a little excessive, but I can't find a way to disable it or turn it off.

Thanks for researching and posting. Now we all know something that most of us probably didn't, since nobody answered your question.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-17-08 06:39 AM
    This is what I do that works for me.

As an example:

Set a 30 minute appointment from 8:00 to 8:30, then use the scroll wheel to back off 1 minute to 8:29.

Set next appointment from 8:30... now no conflict, and you can turn off display of end times in AGENDA view.
    06-17-08 11:58 AM
    That works as long as your conflicting appointments are not 1:30-2:30 and 2:00-3:00. It would be better if the BB turned off the conflict notice when the time option was set to free, but it doesn't work that way.
    06-17-08 12:08 PM
    Thanks again for the advice and your willingness to respond.

The scrolling back one minute idea makes sense - but it seems unnecessary effort each time I set an appointment. And as much as I'm growing to love my BB, this (albiet minor) issue comes across as something of a school-boy design error on RIM's part.

As JeffH states, it would be so much simpler if there was the option to turn the conflict notice on/off. And on JeffH's additional point, I can see why some people might question the sense of having two appointments overlapping each other by half an hour - but as an example, I often allocate two hours in my diary to work on a project, but then set myself a reminder/appointment within that two hour period to make a phonecall.

If anyone has any further ideas/advice, I'd be all ears.
    06-17-08 03:17 PM
    ...I can see why some people might question the sense of having two appointments overlapping each other by half an hour...
    My boss's calendar routinely has as many as four simultaneous overlapping appointments. It may not make sense, but it's not at all uncommon when you have to coordinate multiple standing and ad-hoc meetings. In that case, though, it's better that your calendar show the end times. It's one of those things that could be handled either way. It would be nice to have the choice.
    06-17-08 03:43 PM
    I've been searching all over for the solution, or simply just an explanation on this. I couldn't figure out why some tasks would show up in red on the agenda view and why they would still show the end time when I had selected the option not to. I noticed the icon beside the tasks and wondered why that was there.

I assumed it had something to do with Outlook not having a feild for the start time or end time for tasks.

I just went and gave all my tasks seperate times because it is not important for me as to the time of a task, just the date.
    05-21-09 02:11 PM
    This is my problem exactly, but changing the Task times is not fixing the issue -- any solutions?
    12-27-09 03:30 PM
    I am having the same problem that you are all talking about. I finally started using the Agenda view, and it was fine... in the middle of making a bunch of calendar entries on my BB... something weird happened on my BB like I hit a wrong button or something, and the next thing I noticed it was showing End Times AND the red boxes on the right. I can't shut it off, and even doing a one-way replacing of the calendar entries from desktop to BB doesn't fix it.
    12-17-11 08:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD