I would like to hear from anyone who has used an 8703 and switched to a 8830. I like the 8830 for the abilitiy to use a memory card, vz navigator, and the trackball. The curve is not in my future nor the pearl, but the world phone is. I have heard complaints about sound quality and such. Can someone give me a comparison? I really like my 8703 even though it is a tank. Thanks.
    04-29-08 04:33 PM
    Well I did and now I am back w/my 8703. I "thought" that I loved the 8830 and I did for a while, but I kept missing the 8703. For me, it all comes down to the feel of the devise. The 8703 is a tank, that's why I like it. I found that I was babying the 8830, always worrying about if my thumb was clean when I used the track ball. Once it wasn't and it got messed up for a while until i cleaned it off. I never have that problem with the trackwheel. It's all just a personal preference. The 8703 does everything that I want it to without me worrying about it, and that what I like, after all it's just a phone, I don't want to have to baby it. So now my 1 1/2 month "old" 8830 is sitting in a drawer......no amount of research will help you, the only way to find out is to go buy and try it out. After a month you will have your answer. Good luck!!
    04-29-08 05:20 PM
    I loved my 8703e. Sometimes I regret upgrading. Don't get me wrong, I love the 8830 but there are some things I don't like about it. Like the volume issue and the trackball getting dirty and eventually unusable. I've often found myself looking on ebay for an 8703e but I never end up buying one.
    04-29-08 05:30 PM
    thank you for your input. What kind of volume issues are you having? Also was curious on the trackball getting dirty. Is it just from oil and junk on the hands, or do you work in a dirty environment? How long did the trackball make it before becoming unusable? Thank you for the help.
    04-30-08 06:40 AM
    thank you for your input. What kind of volume issues are you having? Also was curious on the trackball getting dirty. Is it just from oil and junk on the hands, or do you work in a dirty environment? How long did the trackball make it before becoming unusable? Thank you for the help.
    The 8830s have a ringer volume issue, even when the ringer is up as loud as it can go its still hard to hear. The trackball just gets dirty over time. It starts out nice and white and from day to day use it just gets darker. Also I work in a clean enviornment.
    04-30-08 08:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD