I fully charge my battery overnight and when I power up the unit in the morning I have a full battery charge. By late afternoon the battery is almost completely drained. Defective/old battery? I bought the unit as new on ebay and the Blackberry itself works fine, but I'm wondering if this is an old/defective battery issue.
    11-13-09 06:07 PM
    I fully charge my battery overnight and when I power up the unit in the morning I have a full battery charge. By late afternoon the battery is almost completely drained. Defective/old battery? I bought the unit as new on ebay and the Blackberry itself works fine, but I'm wondering if this is an old/defective battery issue.
    It could be but you can buy a battery pack off from eBay for cheap.
    11-13-09 06:28 PM
    sorry to say it sounds like an average day to me. I occasionally get in to a second day with very little use but one day of battery life is about normal for me.
    11-13-09 07:59 PM
    There is a life span to even lithium batteries. How much life depends on usage habit.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-13-09 08:09 PM
    Mine comes of the charger at 0500 when I get up and by 2200 at night the battery is so drained the radio shuts of so it has to be plugged in and I am on it all day pounding the keys. I am very pleased with battery life on mine.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-13-09 08:10 PM
    Check what apps you are running. Press and hold ALT and hit the back key. Leaving unused apps on usually leads to quick battery drains. Remember that hitting back does not close the app. You have to press the BB menu key and scroll down to close. Do that and see if it fixes the problem. If not, might be time for a new battery.
    11-13-09 08:43 PM
    Battery life on this phone blows. Try to find an extended battery?
    11-15-09 04:04 AM
    Sounds like you need a new battery. My 8830 would go 2 days without a recharge.
    11-15-09 11:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD