I have a Blackberry 8830 with Sprint service. Is there a way to set the number of times the phone rings before going to voice mail? If anyone knows the answer, I will appreciate the help.
    12-27-07 02:37 PM
    Gotta Call Sprint Is What Ive Heard
    12-27-07 02:50 PM
    I have a Blackberry 8830 with Sprint service. Is there a way to set the number of times the phone rings before going to voice mail? If anyone knows the answer, I will appreciate the help.
    I would like the answer also
    12-31-07 10:46 AM
    I am not familiar with Sprint, but that is always a voicemail setting, not a phone setting. Log into your voicemail and see if there is an option to change.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-31-07 10:52 AM
    For Canadian residing in Ontario using Bell Mobility, do
    *94[2-9] [send]
    [2-9] is the number of rings you want
    so i did this: *948 SEND to get 8 rings before voicemail
    Sorry that it may not help all of you, but it is likely on a CDMA network ou have to dial a code like provided.

Also I asked Fido for their instruction on their network, the follow was the response. I hope i am not blamed for putting this info here. Cheers.

Mr. ndc,

We thank you for visiting our Website and allowing us the opportunity to assist
    you.

If you wish to modify the number of rings before your calls are forwarded to
    your Voice Messaging service, please enter the following code, "**61*3436**30#",
    then press your handset's SEND/CALL button.

In this sequence, "3436" refers to your Voice Messaging service and can also be
    replaced by the ten-digit telephone number of your choice. The "30" at the end
    of the code indicates that the delay should be set to allow a delay of thirty
    seconds (of ringing, approximately six rings) before calls should be forwarded.
    You can modify this delay in increments of five seconds, from zero to thirty
    seconds.

Please note that charges begin on the first ring if the call is answered.
    Therefore, since each ring is a 5 second block, 6 rings would represent 30
    seconds of chargeable airtime when the call is answered.

Cordially,

Consultant on Fido wireless telephony || Fido t�l�phonie mobile.

Introduce your friends to Fido and you each receive a $20 credit.
    For more information, simply click here:
    Refer a Friend Program.
    Last edited by ndc168; 01-07-08 at 04:29 PM.
    01-07-08 07:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD