hi all

this is the first time i own a blackberry so i need help.

i bought one off gumtreeDOTcom and assume it is unlocked as when it starts it Displays ''BT'' and I actually use a O2 sim in it and it works fine.

What i have a problem with is the email service on it. When i go to Setup and then Email setup it only gives an option for Enterprise email not for Personal Emails.

I tried to use the information on previous posts on this forum and went to the BT site to configure email. i did that but no use. I also saw a post on crackberry about host routing tables or somethign in Advanced settings. I clicked 'register now' in the host routing table settings and it said message sent but after that - nothing.

When nothing worked I went and reinstalled and formatted the Blackberry using the Jl loader or somethign software (again on the crackberry forum) i wiped it and reinstalled it. I tried to install an O2 software since i use PAYG but it would only take BT but im still in the same boat.. It didnt Help!

I am using a Pay as You Go O2 Sim with an unlimited Internet plan.

Everythign works fine except the email.

Please help or suggest some free software for push email!

PS: If it helps any, whenever i try to download OTA from the inbuilt BB browser from BB site it says phone not recognised!!!
    Last edited by nvk; 08-04-09 at 03:03 AM.
    08-04-09 02:27 AM
    Are you on a BIS plan??? Without BIS I don't think the native email will work..

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-04-09 02:02 PM
    hi

thanks for replying!

i have an unlimited internert plan. My carrier offers BIS but I dont have it.. DO i need it?

i have also been told that the Only the BIS of the original provider will work and since i had it unlocked and am using on O2 it will not work.. is this true?
    08-04-09 02:56 PM
    If it's unlocked, it will work. Mine does

08-04-09 03:59 PM
    You need BIS for the native email to work, you will have to set up a. @blackberry.com address that will handle all of your other email accts. Drop the unlinited data and ask for the BIS plan(unlimited). The price shoulb be the same or close..Your device is designed to run on BIS so you can take advantage of all features...

08-04-09 05:37 PM
    Hi

this is for all those having a similar problem to my post.

I solved it finally!!!

All i did was went to my provider, changed from prepay to contract (postpaid) and he saw my phone and offered me an extra Blackberry Internet at 10 a month.

Moment i plugged my SIM in, it recognised my fone, helped me configure the email and sent me new service books and even helped me upgrade to the providers own Software!!
    08-12-09 12:05 AM
    hi all

this is the first time i own a blackberry so i need help.

i bought one off gumtreeDOTcom and assume it is unlocked as when it starts it Displays ''BT'' and I actually use a O2 sim in it and it works fine.

What i have a problem with is the email service on it. When i go to Setup and then Email setup it only gives an option for Enterprise email not for Personal Emails.

I tried to use the information on previous posts on this forum and went to the BT site to configure email. i did that but no use. I also saw a post on crackberry about host routing tables or somethign in Advanced settings. I clicked 'register now' in the host routing table settings and it said message sent but after that - nothing.

When nothing worked I went and reinstalled and formatted the Blackberry using the Jl loader or somethign software (again on the crackberry forum) i wiped it and reinstalled it. I tried to install an O2 software since i use PAYG but it would only take BT but im still in the same boat.. It didnt Help!

I am using a Pay as You Go O2 Sim with an unlimited Internet plan.

Everythign works fine except the email.

Please help or suggest some free software for push email!

PS: If it helps any, whenever i try to download OTA from the inbuilt BB browser from BB site it says phone not recognised!!!
    ok

guys i have a solution to everyone who has a problem like mine

the simple solution is get you BIS (blackberry internet service) activated. ONce activaed remove and reinsert thesim. The provider will automatically send settings. if not, go to host routing tables and click on register now!
    08-18-09 10:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD