I was under the impression that inserting a Micro SD card would increase my File Free size. However this is not the case.

Am I mistakened? Is there a way to store the emails on the SD cards and/or other data to free up space?

thanks in advance
    03-24-08 05:58 PM
    your micro SD card is for media(songs/pics/ringtones/videos). Who ever informed you that it would increase your file free size does not know what they are talking about.
    03-24-08 06:01 PM
    Currently, applications must be installed in the main memory. Some specific applications can use the microSD card for storing information, but they have to written to do so.

I have not found a way to store e-mail or basic PIM information on the SD card. It looks like it must still be stored in BB internal memory.

I keep looking for apps that will access SD memory, but not too many seem to be avaialble (currently looking for expense tracker, financial account manager and a couple of others that I know will use up internal memory).

You can store music, videos, images, ringtones, and other information on the SD card. Hopefully there will be more SD capabilities in the future.
    03-24-08 06:05 PM
    Thanks for the replies. I kind of figured once I didn't see the File Free size increase I was out of luck.

I'll have to monitor my apps to see which I can do without.

Thanks
    03-24-08 07:16 PM
    There is a way to use your SD card beyond storage check out this software right here on CB.
    CrackBerry Mobile

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-17-08 12:17 AM
    Also there are themes, apps, and other stuff you can remove to help free up memory.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...-memory-34633/

http://www.blackberryforums.com/gene...ee-memory.html
    05-17-08 12:21 AM
    There is a way to use your SD card beyond storage check out this software right here on CB.
    CrackBerry Mobile

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    That app blows. You cannot load apps directly on the media card with it. All it does is allows you to put cods on the memory card for all your apps, but you need free internal memeory to install and uninstall the apps before they can be used. Doesn't really solve the free memory problems.
    05-17-08 11:10 AM
    That app blows.
    In 100% agreement. From the way it's touted it seems like a godsend, but at the end of the day it is absolutely useless.
    05-17-08 11:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD