Hi All:
    I'm new here & new to BBerry. I apologize if this has been asked but didn't find anything in a search. Both a coworker & myself received 8830's the other day. We are both experiencing the same problem of the screen sometimes auto-dimming on its own, even while in the middle of using the device. I have my background set at 80%, but even at 100% it still dims to something like 10%. There is no rhyme or reason. I would think if it were just me, I may have a unique problem, but it is happening to (2) devices. Any help or suggestions? Many thanks!
    08-01-07 12:28 PM
    The screen automatically adjusts to the lighting in room. Therefore, if the BB senses you are in a darker room, the screen dims. If you would step outside on a sunny day the screen gets brighter to compensate for the bright surroundings. My best guess is that this feature was most likely included to increase the visibility of the screen outdoors and secondly to conserve battery life.
    08-01-07 01:31 PM
    No answer but mine does it, too!
    08-01-07 01:32 PM
    Newer BlackBerry devices have an 'auto light' feature. Go to options / screen & keyboard / auto backlight, turn it off if you don't want to use it...

But, it does help with saving battery power...
    08-01-07 02:00 PM
    thanks this answered my question on why it was dimming on its own
    11-28-09 06:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD