I hope this hasn't been already answered elsewhere. When I attempt to d/l a free ringtone from rareearthtones.org they send it to my phone via a vzwpix message. I don't believe I have that app on my 8830. Is there another way to receive and install one of these free ringtones to my 8830? TIA.
    05-02-09 02:48 PM
    Can you send it by email?
    05-02-09 04:44 PM
    Yes, I did that and saved the file to my home desk top, but couldn't figure out how to get it onto the BB.
    05-02-09 05:16 PM
    If you sent it to an email acct that you recieve on your BB then you should be able to click the link on your BB

Yes, I did that and saved the file to my home desk top, but couldn't figure out how to get it onto the BB.
    05-02-09 10:57 PM
    I did that, but the menu didn't offer an "open attachment" option. It's in the email as an "application." I even tried highlighting it, but still got no option for opening it. Does it make a difference that it's a midi file?
    05-04-09 08:18 AM
    If you have the file on your desktop, you can transfer it to your sdcard via mass storage mode. I don't know if you can load ring tones using desktop manager.

You can also download the ringtones directly to your device by chosing the "Preview Ringtone" link for the ringtone you want from Free Endangered Species Ringtones - Center for Biological Diversity. The preview link points to an mp3 file.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-04-09 11:56 AM
    Ok, I was able to do it by dragging the file from my desktop to Media Manager, then from MM to the 8830. Thanks a million for your help.
    05-04-09 01:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD