Hello, I've downloaded a new ringtone and set it as my phone's ringtone. However, it's still using the original ringtone I setup when I first bought the phone. I've tried setting it to several other ringtones (default and downloaded) but it only rings using the original ringtone. Does anyone know how to get my ringtone to reset?

Thanks!
    07-31-08 04:51 PM
    You used the Profiles option to set the ringtone? That Profile is your active one?

Did you reboot the phone - with the BB ON, pull out the battery, leave it out for 30-40 seconds and replace it.
    07-31-08 07:13 PM
    Set the ringtone through media player. Menu on the file and hit Set as Ringtone. That will set it for all profiles (just in case you're not setting the proviles correctly).
    07-31-08 08:36 PM
    I seem to be having the exact same problem. Originally, I changed my ring tone from that annoying default to bach (preloaded ring tone in bb). I downloaded a couple of songs and put them on my media card and I tried to set them as the phone tune through both the profiles and through the media player. Now all that plays is the obnoxious default one. I can't even change it back to my bach which I would love to have now. It is stuck on the default. I turned the phone off, then back on. I even removed my sim card. Any advice?
    08-19-08 12:02 PM
    Dumb question they are mp3s right?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-19-08 12:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD