Hi everyone,

I've been trying to customize my 8820 with some custom ringtones made from MP3s and I've found several tones to be impossible to sound right on my BB:

The Missing iPhone Ringtone
    (It's the very simple ring used in the iPhone commercials)

I've tried different bitrates, changing the gain, mono/stereo, sampling rates, and what I hear on my 8820 is a very distorted and garbled mess. The mp3 when played back on my Mac sounds perfect -- just like the original .wav file.

Are there just some sounds that just don't work with our BBs? Or am I having problems with my speakerphone?

Would someone kindly try converting the above file into an ringtone for their BB and tell me if they get the same problem?
    08-24-08 05:41 PM
    search the threads someone posted it a few days ago. I dl it then deleted it just sounds like a nokia
    08-24-08 05:50 PM
    Thanks. Any idea which forum it was in? I've done searches on this topic, but I've only found general topics on how to create an mp3 ringtone.

Also, I'm not just looking for this particular ringtone, but to understand why some ringtones just sound awful on my 8820.
    08-24-08 07:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD