The chrome trackball ring on my 8830 has some of the chrome coming off, not sure why maybe it fell and knocked a piece off but I'm going to order a new ring to replace it. My question(s) is can you order JUST the ring, the trackball works fine. I noticed on cnn.cn/shop you can order the ring but it appears you also get the trackball to. Secondly, has anyone here replaced the ring? Does it simply snap on and off. I started to remove the ring and it was coming up and then got hung up on one side and I didn't want to force or break something. Does anyone know exactly how to remove the ring and what to becareful of. It appears this would be a rather simple repair. Is cnn.cn the best place to get the ring/trackball from? This is only a cosmetic thing only but still want it to look nice.

Thanks in advance for your inputs...........
    02-06-08 07:59 AM
    so far the best reliable and cheapest place i hear of is cnn.cn
    02-06-08 08:15 AM
    Just yesterday I took the ring and trackball out to clean it, was sticking a bit. No problem, snap the ring off- had my wife do it with her fingernail - snapback on.
    02-06-08 08:28 AM
    Thanks for the input...........ordered the trackball/ring. Sounds like a pretty simple repair. Again, thanks.
    02-06-08 08:54 AM
    It snaps off real easy. Just snap it off, flip your blackberry upside down and the ball will come out Cnn.cn is the cheapest and best site to grab the ring and trackball on. Hope that you get it back to normal!
    02-06-08 01:29 PM
    I tried to pop mine out to the same thing. But the whole trackball mechanism fell apart. I had to trade it in for a new one.
    02-06-08 04:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD