Hello,

I'm looking for some help: My Blackberry 8830 Microphone went out and I did some research and found out that in order to fix the microphone the whole keyboard membrane had to be replaced so I ordered a new PCB.

After replacing everything I powered it back up and everything looked fine until I tried to press keys. The button presses weren't matching up with what was supposed to be pressed, for instance the talk key would initiate the n key or the space bar would be the s key and all sorts of other mismatched key strokes.

I thought maybe I had purchased a bad part so I shipped it back and ordered a new one and double checked it was a Blackberry 8830 PCB keyboard membrane, replaced it and the same problem.

Has anyone tried this and came up with the same result or is there some sort of hidden step I'm missing?

Thanks,
    Mike
    11-09-09 09:46 PM
    I am having a similar issue. I have a keypad that works except the left side and right side.

Leftside the (#Q*A and ALT) do not work
    Rightside the (@P Del) do not work

I was thinking to replace the membrane also but I am not sure if that is the issue.
    Did you have a simular issue
    11-12-09 02:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD