well i received my replacement phone but im not too happy with the colors on this thing...the colors have a different tint/hue whatever its called to them. for example, the orange envelop on my old phone for emails now shows yellowish... my blues are now lighter and cyan looking instead of sky blue... reds look sorta orange.... is there a way to fix this? i dont like it!
    11-14-08 07:06 PM
    No, it's a bad screen. Search for color differences for screens on the forums here. It's been documented. Some "Made in Mexico" Blackberries have a screen that has a greenish tint to it rather then a blue one. The "Made in Canada" ones seems to be fine based on personal findings.
    11-14-08 10:08 PM
    so the only thing i can do is to send it back and tell them to send me a good phone...im not feeling this greenish tint....

btw, the replacement berry says on the back made in mexico and my original one that has the good colors is also made in mexico... :/
    Last edited by Bert336; 11-15-08 at 09:36 AM.
    11-15-08 09:34 AM
    Some "Made in Mexico" Blackberries have a screen that has a greenish tint to it rather then a blue one.
    There is a keyword in there.
    11-15-08 09:38 AM
    Ahhhh...I noticed the same thing when I replaced my 8830 earlier this year, but I didn't really sweat it. Now along the right edge of the screen there is a slight bubble & the adhesive used to hold the screen in place ozzes out at times. I just pulled the battery & what do you know...made in Mexico.
    11-15-08 01:37 PM
    I ordered a replacement phone today... I really hope mine won't turn out like that or i will be forced to get the Storm. haha
    11-18-08 08:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD