Ok, I just got my slightly used 8820 off ebay a few days ago. I have the latest OS, 4.5. When trying to fix the firewall bug preventing me from using opera mini 4.2, I reset the device using JL_Cmder. This worked. It reset my firewall settings and the firewall was disabled.

All was well, then I connected my 8820 to my desktop to follow the how to increase memory thread. I found nothing that I could remove from the app loader, and therefore did nothing. When I went back to the main menu of the software, I noticed my phone said app error 200. The only option I had was to reset, so I did so. Now my firewall is enabled and has a red lock next to it. The weird thing is the Opera works.

I'm going to ignore the firewall thing because opera works now.

So here is my question:
    I followed the How to Increase BlackBerry's File free memory thread's better and Slightly more difficult sections. the problem is that I cannot remove PTT. There is no option to do this in the app loader, nor are the files in the C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\8820-v4.5.0.110_P2.7.0.90\Java folder.
    How do I remove PTT if the above doesn't work?
    I am using Desktop Manager version 4.7
    01-04-09 03:37 PM
    Get my utility CrackUtil from the link in my signature.

Read this thread http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/remo...y-phone-81401/

Your problem is that you have a policy.bin file that is causing the problem. Most likely this is located in C:\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\policy.bin

You will need to delete this file and also this registry key HKEY_Current_Users\Software\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\PolicyManager\C:\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\policy.bin

Do this with Desktop Manager shut down and you phone disconnected.

Now run CrackUtil and remove the IT Policy. This should clear the problem.

To remove PTT on your AT&T phone, use the File Manager in CrackUtil and delete the two files in the order shown.

net_rim_bb_phone_ptt_app.cod
    KnJCDE.cod

The phone will reboot after each file removal.
    Last edited by Pete6; 01-04-09 at 04:04 PM.
    01-04-09 03:48 PM
    Thanks for your help. I was able to remove PTT and fix the firewall . I also removed some themes which may be causing the problem below:

Whenever I install an app via DM, it also wants to remove the PTT modules, as well as several themes. After I let it do that, I find that all my themes except two are gone( Today, and zen are left). Even the ATT theme is gone.

To solve it, I must reinstall the OS:

How do I stop this from happening every time I want to add an app?

Also, since I had to reload the OS, PTT is back.
    Last edited by Soloman02; 01-05-09 at 09:19 AM.
    01-05-09 12:33 AM
    Been trying to find a solution to the locked firewall for quite a while now.

Worked like a charm! Nice work.
    01-08-09 04:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD