1.) I have an 8830. I read how to set the profile exceptions and it doesn't work. EX: If I set my Profile to Vibrate mode, the person checked off in the "Active Profile Except For" will Vibrate (not the ring tone YOU set). And this repeats in the Quiet setting---the call shows up but it rings silent. It defeats the purpose of distinguishing that chosen person.

2.) In the "Use Profile Except For" area: you create a new exception, you give it a name, then select a name to put in the "From" area. But in the "Use Profile" selection---you can pick: active profile, loud, vibrate, etc. Does this have something to do with my problem? I don't recall anyone explaning what to do in this field when setting up the exceptions or how it effects the person you selected as an exception.

3.) MOST IMPORTANTLY: How do you set your profile to where the phone won't ring at all with the exception of calls from ONE person?

Here's the situation: In the advanced setting, when I choose "OFF (Active)" it won't let me check off any of my "Use Active Profile Except For" people I set up---it only works in the other modes: loud, quiet, vibrate, quiet, normal---which defeats the purpose. I get calls 24/7 because of my job. I have to get some rest so I want the ringer off when I'm asleep, but I need my spouse to reach me at all times. HELP!!!!!
    05-02-08 02:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD