I am thinking this question will be easy for some of you - Just trying to do a standard e-mail forwarding to this new blackberry of mine and having trouble..my university email account was error free but this one (my freelance business) is givin me trouble. Here is the pertinent information:

-This email is hosted by a company called 1and1.com
    -The email is kellanscott(@)kellanscott.com (parenthesis added because I am a "stack level 1 member" and cant post urls) ; I enter that and my password into my BB and is unable to configure, so I select the option to put info in manually.
    -I choose the IMAP/POP option, and the option for me to enter in the server info:
    email address: kellanscott(@)kellanscott.com (hosted by 1and1.com )
    username: kellanscott (i assume this is correct)
    password:...
    e-mail server: this is killin me. FAQ on my host website lists the following:

Server Type: IMAP
    Incoming Server: imap.1and1.com
    Outgoing Server: smtp.1and1.com

it also lists

Server Type: POP3
    Incoming Server: pop.1and1.com
    Outgoing Server: smtp.1and1.com

I also tried just 1and1.com , kellanscott.com, 1and1.com; SOMEONE SCHOOL ME!
    09-04-07 02:16 AM
    I use 1&1; your username should be kellanscott@kellanscott.com (unless you're using a UK account of 1&1. If so, then you have to use your account number for that particular email account, it's normally something like m123456-1.

Also, when creating it, you have to choose manually configure. Lastly, it's easier to go to the website and do it.
    09-04-07 03:41 AM
    fantastic response - all is well now. I am looking forward to never opening the 1and1 webmail site again;a kid on myspace could design that better.
    09-04-07 01:13 PM
    ok help i am tgrying to do this too. and am having no luck.
    03-26-08 04:24 PM
    I just got a blackberry storm and had no problem setting this up for my account with 1and1. Perform a manual configuration/setup and then enter the following parameters:

Email address: youremail@yourdomainnamename.com

Username: (your full email address for 1and1 users)

Password: Your password (duh)

Email server: imap.1and1.com

Enter this and you should be all set.
    01-06-09 08:28 PM
    I just got a blackberry storm and had no problem setting this up for my account with 1and1. Perform a manual configuration/setup and then enter the following parameters:

Email address: youremail@yourdomainnamename.com

Username: (your full email address for 1and1 users)

Password: Your password (duh)

Email server: imap.1and1.com

Enter this and you should be all set.
    Did you happen to notice the date on this post?
    01-06-09 09:24 PM
    Hey-

This is exactly what I was looking for! Thanks for the help!
    11-22-09 12:59 AM
    Awesome, this old @ss thread saved my @ss... Thanks!
    03-12-10 03:58 PM
    I have the improved Blackberry Curve and I have my yahoo email set up .....no problem but my hotmail is giving me this weird message and doesnt wanna do anything. Im stuck....any adivce would be great
    12-09-10 11:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD