I just wanted to say how disappointed I am with Empower's Technical Support for their E-mail Reader "PRO" (and I use the term loosely) software. I downloaded the trial version, really liked it and immediately purchased the full version for $29.99. I received no key, no SN, no PW. But they took my $$$. Now I can't upgrade from the trial to the full version and Tech support has been totally worthless on the issue. It's obvious I don't have their attention. I purchased their software after reading many posts which rated the software highly as well as the tech support. Unfortunately, that didn't happen for me. As soon as the trial version expires (and who knows when that will be) I'm going to delete it and purchase BBSmart like I should have done in the first place! Really, really disappointed but that's just my opinion.
    Last edited by adfac; 06-12-08 at 01:31 PM.
    06-12-08 11:17 AM
    Why are you upset? Your software is working, and you have plenty of time left on your fully functional trial.

What happened to your order? When did you order? There is no hurry if your trial is still active, as it is the full software and fully functional. So, if it takes a day or two for your CC to clear, don't stress man.

It's way way faster than BB Smart's, so just be a little patient.

Did you get the email with your order number? Have you attempted the "update" procedure using your order number?
    06-12-08 02:51 PM
    First they said it was the Firewall. But the Firewall is disabled. Then they're telling me T-Mobile's APN settings are set incorrectly. Nothing was ever set and T-Mobile says there's nothing wrong. Fact is there is "nothing" in the APN settings at all. The trial software works fine. I just have this thing about using "trial" versions when I paid for a full working copy. I'm trying to be patient but it's very frustrating. Haven't heard back from Empower at all today. It's just an e-mail. You would think they'd at least say "we're working on it." I'm finding out in "Blackberryworld" you're pretty much on your own when it comes to software vendors. It's the forums like this one that really help you out.
    06-12-08 03:12 PM
    First they said it was the Firewall. But the Firewall is disabled. Then they're telling me T-Mobile's APN settings are set incorrectly. Nothing was ever set and T-Mobile says there's nothing wrong. Fact is there is "nothing" in the APN settings at all.
    I can run the software with the Firewall on or off.

But, this doesn't explain the issue you are having with getting a key/paying.

The trial software works fine. I just have this thing about using "trial" versions when I paid for a full working copy. I'm trying to be patient but it's very frustrating. Haven't heard back from Empower at all today. It's just an e-mail. You would think they'd at least say "we're working on it."
    Well, I can relate... we are all spoiled now a days, and I do agree if you are going to take my money 24/7, then you should give me the key 24/7. However, the real issue here is not with Empower, it's with Mobihand the distributor. Sadly, they are pretty slow. But, the good news is that if your charge went through, it will happen. Did you get a confirmation of your order? If not, then maybe your order never happened. Order it on Empowers site directly if possible, or here on crackberry.com so Kevin can look after you.

But, trust me, you are fine, and it is worth the wait. They aren't in a hurry because they know you already have functional software. Like you, I am emotional about this, but at least you have working software. I waited till I had run the trial out!

I'm finding out in "Blackberryworld" you're pretty much on your own when it comes to software vendors. It's the forums like this one that really help you out.
    Some, like REXwireless are awesome (and they better be at $100), and really Empower is too, just the middleman distributors are a pain sometimes. That's why I used to just run my own web store. But, when you are dealing with thousands of orders, you have no choice but to go with a service.

Keep the faith!
    06-12-08 04:17 PM
    You're right about it all Patrick. I have only an "order detail" which came from "El Devices" whoever that is. I thought I ordered it direct from Empower's website. The Activation Code says "web based license management: No Key Required (then my PIN). But I still have "trial version" on the Empower screens. Haven't heard back from their tech support. Really disappointed as everyone seemed to say they were pretty good. I'll just move on. It's not the end of the world or anything.
    06-13-08 08:19 AM
    I have had big problems in the past with Mobihand and refuse to deal with them. Handango is much better.
    06-13-08 08:23 AM
    Unless I am mistaken, you will not get a "key" from Empower. They have a unique system (if I am remembering this right) that registers your handset with their server. SO..... if you ever have to reinstall, you simply reinstall, click register, and it should say you are registered. (I had empower's email viewer for a while and had to do this a few times.) The only issue will be if/when you change handsets. In that event, you would just let them know what your old pin was and tell them what your new one it. Easy!
    06-13-08 08:27 AM
    Update: Everyone is always quick to say when they're not happy. We also need to be just as quick to congratulate when we ARE happy. Empower's Tech Team did come through. They gave me a code to manually register the software and inside of 30 seconds it was done. So Kudos to the Team and thank you!
    06-13-08 09:12 AM
    Awesome. Glad to hear it.
    06-13-08 09:33 AM
    Update: Everyone is always quick to say when they're not happy. We also need to be just as quick to congratulate when we ARE happy. Empower's Tech Team did come through. They gave me a code to manually register the software and inside of 30 seconds it was done. So Kudos to the Team and thank you!
    Thanks for the tip...I just emailed Empower directly. I have been emailing Mobihand for a month now with no response whatsoever.
    I'm done with Mobihand

edit to add: WOW not five minutes later and Empower has sent me a new key...Empower rocks!
    Last edited by noroll; 06-13-08 at 09:59 AM.
    06-13-08 09:56 AM
    I've never had a problem with them. I just have to contact them each time I trade my Berry out. Give them the email address,pin number, and they will email u back within 24 hours. They're good!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-13-08 10:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD