this morning the alarm i set on my phone didn't go off. whenever the phone isn't in use, i keep it on the mute button-induced standby mode to conserve the battery. when i woke up this morning, i pressed mute to see what was wrong, but the phone wouldn't wake up. only after pressing the power button would the phone screen appear. still, the trackball wasn't working, so i had to do an alt-shift-delete reset.
    this same thing happened to me in early january. i got the phone in mid-october '07.
    has this happened to anyone before? is there anything i (or verizon) can/should do?
    02-27-08 12:21 PM
    How often are you rebooting your BB? Being the BB is more a computer than a phone, it needs to be rebooted about every 2 weeks or so. It could be upon putting the BB in standby, it gets to a point where it needs to be rebooted if you're not doing that yourself on a regular basis.
    02-27-08 12:36 PM
    what does rebooting entail? i do the alt-shift-delete thing every 2-3 days, but are you talking about something more?
    02-27-08 12:47 PM
    what does rebooting entail? i do the alt-shift-delete thing every 2-3 days, but are you talking about something more?
    He could mean a hard reset by taking out the battery while the BB is on.
    02-27-08 01:20 PM
    I am having the same problem, and have searched a few different forums for the answer and came up empty. It seems like whenever I put mine down on a table too hard (I dont mean tossing it, just not babying it) or if I pull it out of the holster too fast, the whole thing just shuts down. Sometimes it comes back by itself but most times not. I do a battery pull about once a week, so thats not an issue. I am completely stumped here. Is anyone else having this issue? It seems to happen about once every couple days.
    02-28-08 11:33 AM
    I have to do it 3-7 times A DAY!
    03-05-08 06:33 PM
    Might want to take the phone back if you are having to do a battery pull that often.
    03-05-08 06:55 PM
    I have only had mine for a month and it's happened twice. The first time I thought I must have screwed something up. But this morning it happened again and everything was set properly. Sound was on, the settings were fine, the little bell was at the top of the screen indicating the alarm was set.

Since I have to get my son up at 6 every morning for school, both times the alarm failing to go off has caused major problems.

Has anyone got an explanation from RIM for this problem or is the problem with Verizon?
    10-15-08 07:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD