Does anyone else have an issue with the 8830 randomly rebooting? Mine is about a month old and was fine up until about a week ago. Now it will be fine for hours at a stretch and then all of a sudden shutdown for 1 minute or so and then come back and continue in this pattern for a while. Thoughts?
    09-06-07 08:39 AM
    I have the same problem with 8800 its less than a month old too...don't know whats with the reebooting?????
    09-06-07 01:14 PM
    My best bet with any technology/computers is conflicts. Did you recently install any programs or changed any settings? You might want to backup your settings/data and then reinstall the approriate OS. It's really rare to see BlackBerries crash and reboot like that, that's the behavior of Treo's...
    09-06-07 08:28 PM
    My best bet with any technology/computers is conflicts. Did you recently install any programs or changed any settings? You might want to backup your settings/data and then reinstall the approriate OS. It's really rare to see BlackBerries crash and reboot like that, that's the behavior of Treo's...
    SO how do I backup my settings/data and then reinstall the approriate OS?

I have the 8820 and it randomly restarts from time to time. I could be talking on it or it could just be sitting there. It is really frustrating to be talking to some one and have to wait for my phone to completely reboot. It's like that commercial where the conversation goes dead in the middle of the conversation at the worst possible moment. The hardest part is that it's hard to take it in to a dealer because it works fine 80% of the time. So when they're looking at it they can't see that there are any problems.

Anyways, these are the programs I have installed:

Gmail
    Google Maps Beta with My Location
    Windows Live Search Mobile

I also have some mp3 ringtones and videos that I downloaded from my computer...

It also randomly looses a signal, but these may be interrelated so I'll just take it one problem at a time.
    Last edited by reedalexander; 02-27-08 at 10:57 AM.
    02-27-08 10:45 AM
    Use the Desktop Manager.
    02-27-08 10:52 AM
    i've been having the same issue, occassionally, sometimes if i "throw" it on the table it reboots>.< thats super annoying especially if i need it right now
    03-01-08 03:04 PM
    I have a similar problem. My 8820 issue started with configuring a wifi network. Just after it failed to connect to a WEP-enabled network, and right when I clicked on "Manage wifi Profiles" the device GPF'd and started a constant loop of shutting down, restarting, then shutting down again.

I've pulled the SD micro chip, battery and the SIM. As soon as the battery is replaced, the device begins the loop. I cannot get to anything on the desktop/home screen before it GPF again.

Been on an ATT Wireless business support call now for 45 minutes and STILL they have no troubleshooting recommendations, and finally after talking to two different tier-one reps, I've been transferred to tier-two!
    03-15-08 12:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD