I have an 8800 that has just started turning itself on randomly. It will just come on, stay on a few minutes then go off. This is sucking the battery down rather quickly. Does anyone know why it would just start doing this? And how do I make it stop?

Thanks in advance.
    10-30-07 09:59 PM
    Weird! Then again, who turns their BlackBerry off in the first place...

Anyway, swiftly moving on. I take it you've tried a battery pull (take the battery out while the device is on)? Check the memory level (options / status), is it low? It might just be a hardware issue, thus it needs to be replaced, stat...
    10-31-07 02:19 AM
    Yeah, maybe I should clarify. I'm talking about the screen turning off and on. The phone itself isn't off. It may be just sitting on my desk and the screen will just light up like an email is coming in or something (nothing is) then after a few minutes it goes out.

I've pulled the battery, memory level is fine, no new programs, etc... I also am now having to pull the battery periodically to receive emails.

Thanks
    10-31-07 06:45 AM
    bbook

Same problem here, haven't found a solution. Phone will light up, like it's going to do something, for no reason at all. I notice this when I'm driving at night, or when it's on the nightstand and I'm trying to go to sleep

FWIW (not too familiar with BB firmware revs, etc.) v4.2.1.79 Platform 2.3.0.74, AT&T

Dave

Yeah, maybe I should clarify. I'm talking about the screen turning off and on. The phone itself isn't off. It may be just sitting on my desk and the screen will just light up like an email is coming in or something (nothing is) then after a few minutes it goes out.

I've pulled the battery, memory level is fine, no new programs, etc... I also am now having to pull the battery periodically to receive emails.

Thanks
    11-02-07 09:25 AM
    if you have an app called BBlight remove it and that should fix it i had the same thing happen to me
    11-02-07 11:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD