When I sync my 8830 WE with desktop manager, many of my contact files are missing information. All the information is present in the Outlook Exchange file, but for some reason little items like emails or phone numbers will not move to the device. This isn't a problem for all contacts, just a random couple dozen.

I've tried wiping the contacts completely and starting fresh, and even re-entering the contact information. The Blackberry is still missing the same info. Could this be an Outlook setting? I've tried syncing an older 7520 and the info comes through just fine. I even tried tech support for about 3 hours and got nothing. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    05-01-08 09:10 AM
    What exactly is not mapping? Are the fields that don't map to the Blackberry the same fields in every contact that has the problem? Outlook has many fields that don't map to fields in the Blackberry, for example, 'Primary phone' and 'Company Main Phone.' You can set up specific mappings with Desktop Manager.
    05-01-08 09:52 AM
    Typically the problem is email and phone numbers, but there are a few contacts where the notes or addresses don't transfer. It seems to be happening in standard fields so I really don't think its a mapping issue. I have about 6000 contacts and so far it seems to be problems with some of the more frequently used contacts.
    05-01-08 10:39 AM
    That's a lot of contacts. But contacts are typically pretty small. My 891 take 173k on the blackberry. By that ratio, your 6000 would take around 1200k. So the database still isn't that big. That would seem to make a memory issue unlikely.

A contact that is open for editing when you sync won't update. If these are frequently used contacts, are they often open? Are you sharing your contacts? Could other users have contacts open when you sync? Do you sync OTA or via USB?
    05-01-08 11:12 AM
    Some items will not sync over to the handheld because they are not mapped by default. Outlook can hold numerous emails for each contact or special notes, etc. Some of these are not on the BB.
    05-01-08 01:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD