1. When I lock my phone, then want to unlock it, I have to press the * and send key. Is there not a single button to press to unlock it?

2. Why when I choose tone+vibrate does it vibrate first and then ring? Can it do these together?

3. Auto-Synching: Maybe I was spoiled with my treo 700, but when I add something to Outlook, it would be nice to have it synch right away.
    09-26-07 08:10 PM
    Welcome to The Crack, Sleepy!

1. No, I don't think so. This helps prevent accidental unlocks.
    2. No, BlackBerries cannot simultaneously ring and vibrate. Not sure why. Apparently this is common with several types of phones.
    3. Are you on BIS or BES? If BES, anything you add to Outlook should show up on your BB within minutes, as long as you have Wireless Reconciliation enabled. You can set the Desktop Redirector to auto-sync whenever you connect to your PC. I don't personally sync with Outlook, so I'm not sure if there is an auto-sync option beyond that. My wife and I are on BIS and use our BB calendars as our primary calendars.
    09-27-07 05:15 AM
    I've found if you're operating the BB one handed you can press * then quickly press the green phone icon and it will unlock your phone... still two keys but you don't need two fingers or two hands to do it. Definitely makes it easier than trying to simulataneously press small buttons
    09-27-07 08:49 AM
    actually if you hold down the mute key (on top of phone on the right side) for a second it goes into standby. you just have to hit the mute button once again to wake it up. you still get alerts and calls while in standby.
    09-27-07 11:40 PM
    wow, good tip jacobchills... i was using the convience key to lock the phone
    09-28-07 03:37 PM
    you could just not lock the phone and let it go into standby on its own. works for me but might not work foreveryone.
    09-30-07 02:43 AM
    Vibrate & Ring - apparently, this works.

Ps: I've NOT tried it...
    09-30-07 04:02 AM
    I saw the "mute" key tip on these forums awhile back and have been using that as the preferred method for locking the phone. I knew pressing the mute button would put the phone to sleep (because I played around with the phone), but didn't realize that it would still ring and do all the other notifications while it was "asleep"...it works great.
    09-30-07 09:35 AM
    no that's not how to get your phone to Vibrate AND Ring, that's just how to get your phone to vibrate once or twice then ring. What we're looking for is like any other cell phone where they vibrate and ring simultaneously.
    09-30-07 10:44 AM
    no that's not how to get your phone to Vibrate AND Ring, that's just how to get your phone to vibrate once or twice then ring. What we're looking for is like any other cell phone where they vibrate and ring simultaneously.
    Actually "any other cell phone" does not vibrate and ring simultaneously. Some do and some don't, none of my last three phones would do this, as a matter of fact I haven't had a phone that would do this in several years.
    09-30-07 05:33 PM
    This is the first phone i've had that vibrates before it rings, all of my previous phones have been either sayno or samsung with Sprint.
    10-01-07 09:31 AM
    i would love it if it rang and vibrate simutaneously also.
    10-02-07 04:48 AM
    i would love it if it rang and vibrate simutaneously also.
    I think many of us would. How hard would it be to add this as an option?

I like the vibrate for making sure I notice it when in my pocket, even in a loud environment...
    10-02-07 09:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD