I have just downloaded 4.5.0.81 for my ATT BB 8820. If there is anyone who can confirm that they have successfully used this on this carriers model I would appreciate it?

Also, once you run this download and it installs new DM and you reattach the BB it should recognise update correct?

OK then one thing I have not seen is: at the point the BB 8820 completes its update, is your BB re-synced again? or do you need to run the restore function of the data you backed up?

Also, what about any special profiles, do they need to be recreated?

I only have 2 other applications and plan toreinstall.

Thanks
    Last edited by stardotstar; 09-07-08 at 09:23 AM.
    09-07-08 09:20 AM
    I actually have this on my 8820 and it runs perfect. Flawless! Now here is what you need to do. First make sure you have DM 4.5 or 4.6...backup your device...now if you have have OS 4.5 on already downloaded, you will need to make sure you removed the "Vendor XML". Once that is removed, open your DM backup and than connect your device. It will that pick up the updated 4.5. This takes up to 50 mins. Once the install is complete you device will reboot. Do not unplug because it will still reading "connecting to device". This is a looong process but allow it to do its magic. When its complete it will automatic reload you info on the device. Wala you have 4.5 on your 8820, also the step by step directions on this site. You can not go wrong. They are very helpful and accurate.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-07-08 09:29 AM
    THanks, I am assuming, and we know what that does, that the file I just downloaded from BB has the latest DM on it, is this a correct assumption?
    09-07-08 09:33 AM
    THanks, I am assuming, and we know what that does, that the file I just downloaded from BB has the latest DM on it, is this a correct assumption?
    Humm..just to be sure...you need to go to blackberry's web site and download the NEW Desktop Manager 4.6..I take it you already dwnloaded the OS 4.5.. You have to upgrade the DM also for this to work. The DM that comes on the disc w/the device will not read the software and a old DM.

09-07-08 09:38 AM
    Thanks, it was not a paart of my initial downlaod.
    09-07-08 12:21 PM
    Followup:

Now my contact list displays 2 lines for each person: their name and Business.

Do you know how I stop that?

Before I just listed names only.
    09-07-08 05:13 PM
    Followup:

Now my contact list displays 2 lines for each person: their name and Business.

Do you know how I stop that?

Before I just listed names only.
    Shoot me a Pin so I can get with you on this
    243002DA

09-07-08 05:35 PM
    You do not need to the latest DM to upgrade OS. You can use 4.2, 4.3, 4.5 and ect.

09-07-08 05:37 PM
    Thanks Garz
    09-07-08 07:29 PM
    Shoot me a Pin so I can get with you on this
    243002DA

Share with us all, please. I would like to get back to one line listings myself.
    09-07-08 08:17 PM
    If I find the answer I will, also it appears BB messenger is gone when you are in contacts, at least mine is?
    09-07-08 08:20 PM
    Share with us all, please. I would like to get back to one line listings myself.

I tried deleting company names but that did not help. I tried reducing my font back to 8 and that did not help either.

I guess it is either a bug or the way it is.
    09-07-08 09:14 PM
    I tried deleting company names but that did not help. I tried reducing my font back to 8 and that did not help either.

I guess it is either a bug or the way it is.
    Yeah, I think that is just the way it is, and that is fine with me. It will just take a little getting used to. No biggie on my end. Sorry if it is an annoyance to others, though. It should be an option, ideally.
    09-07-08 09:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD