Hello,

I appreciate the help given here.

I'm new to the blackberry (1 day), and I'm learning this device as compared to my old Treo. Some things are better, some things I miss.

One thing the treo did was to send sounds to my headset. If I were driving with my wired headset in my ear, and an alert of call would come in, I would hear the alert or ring in the headset.

The blackberry only rings on the phone? I don't know if I did something wrong, or if there is a setting. When listening to the radio, this ensured I heard the call.

Thanks for the info.

Jack
    05-14-08 07:04 PM
    There have been a lot of questions and comments about the headset jack. I don't use it (Bluetooth instead, rings in my ear as it should), so the best thing would be for you to click the "Search Forums" button at the top of the screen and search with keywords "headset jack." You'll find a lot of info about brands and adapters that may answer your questions.
    05-14-08 08:55 PM
    Welcome to the forums!!
    05-14-08 08:58 PM
    Welcome to the forums!!
    Thank you.

I've searched and searched but didn't find anything. The headset works... It just annoys me that alerts and phone rings do not come through the headpiece (wired).

I drive with the radio on and the earpiece in my ear.

Oh well. I guess this is a thing the Treo did better.

Jack
    05-15-08 07:57 PM
    if you are listening to music on blackberry media player, the call tones will interrupt the music and play through the headset. But without music on, no it doesn't seem to ring through the headset. Frustrating but oh well.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-15-08 08:03 PM
    Friggin' headset jack is driving me nuts on mine... seems they use a 4post (3 stripe)?
    05-17-08 10:29 PM
    Hi and welcome.
    05-17-08 10:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD