Hi, I was thinkin about purchasing a BlackBerry 8800 but i was wondering if you could start a plan but not include internet and email but still have the option to activate, i was wondering this because i can not afford email and internet right now but i would love to have the phone for everything else..
    11-14-07 07:34 PM
    You should be able to activate just the phone for now if you don't want data at the moment, don't see it being a problem.
    11-14-07 07:39 PM
    I think you can. Just put the voice plan on it. You can activate anytime you like.

Now I think you can only do this if you pay cash no contract. I paid cash for mine so I can switch and do whatever I want.
    11-14-07 07:40 PM
    so you mean if i get the phone unlocked and dont even bother with the contract i cant get internet/email but i can still have the phone for everything else?
    11-14-07 07:42 PM
    sorry im very new to the BB world
    11-14-07 07:42 PM
    If you buy an unlocked BB just insert you SIM card and your good to go with phone only I have done that for years with no contract and because I tend to switch devices every 6 months
    11-15-07 06:19 AM
    If getting an unlocked phone is not an option, most service providers have plans that will allow for phone only and you will be able to add the data packages at a later time if need be.
    11-30-07 11:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD