Hi everyone. I just got my first blackberry this week (8830), and have a quick question regarding the standby mode. What is the purpose of this mode? Is it to save power or to act like another form of the keyboard lock? Also, I noticed that I still receive e-mails when locking my keyboard, but I don't seem to receive them in standby mode until several minutes after I put it back into normal mode. Does anyone else share this experience?

Thanks for all your help!

Sincerely,
    Ernest
    05-30-07 03:45 PM
    Welcome to CrackBerry.com!

I don't know for sure, but it seems to be a bit like a pc's standby mode. It's on, but saving battery and the likes. I've tested it on my 8800, and you still receive calls, and emails during 'standby mode'. But, once done, if you press ANY button, except the mute (the button that puts it into standby mode in the first place) nothing happens on the screen...
    05-30-07 05:18 PM
    You still get the email, but I am 99% sure that it won't ring, but the red LED light will go off. I think the phone still rings!
    11-09-07 09:12 AM
    Suspend mode saves power by powering off the display and some other non-critical functions.

I wear mine in the OEM holster with the magnetic sleep function. Holstering it puts it into Suspend, and removing it wakes it up.

Notifications can be completely customized to respond or not both in-holster (suspended) or out-of-holster (not suspended). I get all my notifications just fine while my BB is in Suspend.
    11-09-07 09:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD