I am new to all of this and now all of a sudden my Blackberry shows that I have a PTT message, but I can't figure out how to retrieve it, and turning off the PTT function just leaves a blue dot on the screen. I have tried a battery pull twice and that hasn't helped the problem, any other suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks
    03-25-08 06:11 PM
    Its push to talk, do you PTT feature on your plan??
    Nn main screen, highlight ptt and press the menu button..
    Last edited by Timewalk; 03-25-08 at 07:43 PM.
    03-25-08 07:39 PM
    I dont' think it is a "message", but letting you know someone tried to "push-to-talk" to you, and you didn't respond.

Patrick
    03-25-08 07:51 PM
    I have the feature on my plan. When I go to the menu, there aren't any options. I just want to get rid of that silly little dot, it's driving me nuts.
    03-26-08 09:27 AM
    can some1 please help me get that blue dot of my main screen also , thank you
    04-11-08 10:28 AM
    I'm going to keep searching but I second the notion that I want that stupid blue dot off the top of my screen. I called at&t and had PTT completely removed from my plan and removed from my phone, did a hard reboot and it's still there. It's so ******** annoying.

I guess I may have to leave it there until I get my new BOLD!
    05-12-08 08:49 PM
    hi all
    i had the same thing happen the other day. i dont have ptt but received a little blue dot with a #1 next to it on the top of my home screen.
    so i went to at&t and they were clueless, but there was a guy in the back who played with it and figured it out...
    it was a message from at&t about some kind of entertainment thing that i supposedly signed up for. but it was hidden on the phone.
    so heres what he did:
    -on the home screen, hit the menu button, then click show all
    -go to the envelope titles 'messages'
    -in there, should be a message from an website ( h t t p / ... )
    -it will be from a date that you first got the dot.
    -he read the message and the dot disappeared!

hope this helps! because it sure was annoying to me
    05-16-08 08:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD