Hi,

My BB 8830 has being doing something pretty weird the last couple of days:

When I dial any number and hit the Call button or hit the wheel to use the "call number" function, it just does nothing. At first I thought the buttons where damaged or something but they do work, but just don't make calls.

All this is fixed when I reset by taken the battery out. Another thing, I read that the soft reset command is Alt+Right Shift+Del, but that doesn't work for me, do I have another option?
    06-21-08 09:27 PM
    Press-and-hold "Alt", then press-and-hold (left) "shift", then press-and-hold "Del".
    06-21-08 09:43 PM
    Check your free memory: Options/Status/File Free:

I have not heard of the symptoms you describe before, but if your File Free is less than 10 000 000 bytes, then you will have problems. Typically the phone will start deleting call logs and text messages without warning to free up memory. Text messages may be deleted as soon as they arrive, before you have had time to read them.

A battery pull recovers memory and will alleviate the problem temporarily. The solution is to remove the stuff you don't need (the sample video, wallpaper, themes, other languages, brickbreaker, etc.) from the device's memory. Crackberry Master Stoner developed this procedure to guide you:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...-memory-34633/

Also, if you have a Media Card, be sure to put pictures, videos, music, and ringtones on it, not in your device's memory. Keep in mind that Media Card memory is not device memory. You have to keep your device memory well above 10 000 000 bytes, regardless of the capacity of your Media Card or how much free space it has.
    06-21-08 09:51 PM
    I recently took my 8830 to Costa Rica and it worked flawlessly....almost. I had this same issue. It was the rainy season and I was in Dominical, which is the rainiest part of Costa Rica. I'm pretty sure it had something to do with the humidity. I removed the trackball component, cleaned it out with a q-tip, then replaced it. It's worked fine since then. It's worth a shot.
    06-22-08 09:16 AM
    I recently took my 8830 to Costa Rica and it worked flawlessly....almost. I had this same issue. It was the rainy season and I was in Dominical, which is the rainiest part of Costa Rica. I'm pretty sure it had something to do with the humidity. I removed the trackball component, cleaned it out with a q-tip, then replaced it. It's worked fine since then. It's worth a shot.
    06-22-08 09:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD