hello everybody, I am new here,the reason because you are reading me is that i messed,two months ago i bought a used sprint�s blackberry 8830,I did not know anything about how works blackberry`s world,never in my life I have touched one,well everything was good unti I realize that you need create a account in your provider website with some special information about your blackberry to configure e-mail and internet,then the problem is there:

someone who was not the original owner bought and brought the blackberry from USA to where I am now,Dominican Republic;yes I out of USA,him sold it to another guy and that guy sold it to me,the first guy come back again to USA,the worst part is that second guy does not have contact with guy number one,that mean I alone in this mess.

now,how can i contact with the first owner,the really first one who got the blackberry from sprint, I want to ask him to put my PIN free,I don`t speak english correctly just i write i little.

any suggestion I will glad with all of you.

see you soon
    02-10-09 11:12 AM
    You can find the PIN by hitting your ALT+shift+H button. You could also select Options>About, and get it that way.
    02-11-09 01:39 PM
    You can find the PIN by hitting your ALT+shift+H button. You could also select Options>About, and get it that way.
    Is this for the PIN KEY CODE? I have two tries left before I'm out.
    02-12-09 01:34 PM
    I assumed you were talking about the PIN associated with the phone. However, after searching through some posts, I found this from JeffH about a security feature on the sim card.

"Here's what the 8830 User Guide has to say about the SIM Card Security features:
    About SIM card security
    Use SIM card security to add another level of security to your device. This level of security is designed to prevent unauthorized use of your BlackBerry� device or SIM card by locking the SIM card with a PIN code. If you lock your SIM card, other people cannot remove your SIM card and insert their own and they cannot remove your SIM card and insert it into another device. If you have protected your SIM card with a PIN code, you must type the PIN code before you can remove your SIM card and insert it into another device.
    Protect your SIM card with a PIN code
    Verify that your wireless service provider has provided you with a SIM card PIN code.
    1. In the device options, click Advanced Options.
    2. Click SIM Card.
    3. Press the Menu key.
    4. Click Enable Security.
    5. Type your SIM card PIN code.
    6. Click the trackball.
    Note: If you type the SIM card PIN code incorrectly three times, your SIM card does not function. Contact your wireless service provider for more information."

This sounds more like the issue you have here. You may need to contact your service provider to figure this out.
    02-12-09 02:57 PM
    nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!
    please some body help me.

Of course that i know my pin and all the information that contain the blackberry,software and hardware,as i talked above I need a solution to get my pin freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!

look! i hope this will be safe,

Device ESnhex: 4c69a82f
    Device ESNdec: 076066924335
    Device BBpin :31933450

Device software version 4.2.2.196

well that is all.

I want internet and e-mail in my blackberry
    02-12-09 08:57 PM
    so clearly you know your PIN, are you sure you have the correct data plan with your carrier?

if you have a data plan you should have internet and be able to set up your email via POP and your carriers web site.
    02-13-09 08:37 AM
    I think what you mean is that the orig users info is connected with your pin??? Correct. If that's the case you just have to call into your phone carrier and have them switch the device info onto your acct.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-13-09 10:57 AM
    888-211-4727
    Sprint ATS, call them, and state your problem...
    02-13-09 11:50 AM
    I think what you mean is that the orig users info is connected with your pin??? Correct. If that's the case you just have to call into your phone carrier and have them switch the device info onto your acct.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

Exactly!!!!! you are so smart,But I have read in others spanish`s websites people who have bought used blackberry behind the miami`s airport and have the same problem as me and they have turned to the store.

for the rest of users who told me that call sprint,I am out of United States and my provider is "claro-codetel",previously it was managed by verizon wireless several years ago,then if I call to sprint,it will be too expensive and I do not know speak english very well,do you know what I mean? but it does not matter any sugesstion that you hae for me, I will be glad with all of you guys,thanks

see you.
    02-13-09 01:26 PM
    don,t let this toppic dissapear,please i neeed a solution
    02-15-09 04:31 PM
    don,t let this toppic dissapear,please i neeed a solution
    have you called Claro yet??? They may be able to help. By the way are you sure this phone is not stolen ?? That may be a problem
    02-16-09 05:11 PM
    have you called Claro yet??? They may be able to help. By the way are you sure this phone is not stolen ?? That may be a problem

of course is not a stolen phone,cuz I couldn�t use it,is better that i sell this phone and solve the problem buying other,I only able to make call and sms and i don�t like use my blackberry only for that.

thanks anyways
    02-17-09 11:53 AM
    of course is not a stolen phone,cuz I couldn�t use it,is better that i sell this phone and solve the problem buying other,I only able to make call and sms and i don�t like use my blackberry only for that.

thanks anyways
    I would call Claro then and see what they say.
    02-17-09 02:47 PM
    I would call Claro then and see what they say.
    good luck fixing your pin issue.
    02-17-09 03:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD