Hi,

I would like to totally erase my 8800 so it's back to factory settings with none of my info on it. I've tried going through the options and when prompt to type blackberry to erase it the phone just kicks me back to the last screen and says erase was canceled even when it was'nt. I dont even manage to finish writing the word blackberry. Am i to slow in writing as i've tried so many times. Is there another way to do it? I have no service on the phone as my contract ended 2 weeks ago so i'm getting al ready to sell on. Any ideas?

cheers
    09-28-08 07:29 AM
    I've never heard that failure before. Try rebooting the battery to reboot the device. Then try the wipe again.
    Options / Security Options / General Settings / Menu / Wipe Handheld
    09-28-08 08:54 PM
    tried that but it's still timing me out. It will just not let me finish typing the word blackberry. Is there any other way to to do it? If not I would have to delete all my calendar and contacts one by one. Would there be any other hidden personal info on the phone that I would have to delete?

Cheers
    09-29-08 03:46 PM
    You can download CrackMem from this site and use the Wipe option it provides. Unfortunately, that will delete the OS from your phone. You'll have to reinstall an OS to have a working phone to sell. But it will definitely be wiped!
    09-29-08 03:51 PM
    You could try using CrackMem, it has a button to wipe.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/crac...eleased-52044/
    09-29-08 03:52 PM
    i cant use this method as i use a mac and cant get hold of a pc to do it. What else can i do???? I'm stuck

cheers
    10-05-08 06:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD