Hello everyone my husband has a Blackberry 8830 World Edition that was recently on Alltel the beginning of January and then he went to Verizon because of the merging of the two and got a Blackberry Storm. I am wanting to activate his Blackberry World Edition. I have heard that I need to manually program the phone. How do I do this? Also I heard that I would need to change the ESN number on the phone to activate it on Verizon. Please help. I really want to activate this phone on Verizon. Thanks.
    10-14-09 01:24 PM
    Should be as easy as taking it to the Verizon rep. If they can't help you, they may be able to give you more specific information about who you need to contact and what you will need to do.
    10-15-09 10:56 AM
    Should be as easy as taking it to the Verizon rep. If they can't help you, they may be able to give you more specific information about who you need to contact and what you will need to do.

Yeah I know it! Alltel said that the device isn't on Verizons approved list to be activated so that is why Verizon won't do it! There is nothing wrong with the phone and I know Verizon carries the same phone! Oh well!
    10-15-09 11:06 AM
    Yeah I know it! Alltel said that the device isn't on Verizons approved list to be activated so that is why Verizon won't do it! There is nothing wrong with the phone and I know Verizon carries the same phone! Oh well!
    Very odd. I wouldn't "oh, well." I would get on the horn, get your issue escalated to a higher level of support, and insist on finding out what the F is going on. :P

But that's just me.
    10-15-09 11:34 AM
    Very odd. I wouldn't "oh, well." I would get on the horn, get your issue escalated to a higher level of support, and insist on finding out what the F is going on. :P

But that's just me.

Thanks so much!
    10-15-09 12:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD