So here is my case,

I recently got a blackberry 8800 from my mother who got it from work when she left her old job. Now, it was working fine when she had it, but now that i have it, it wont turn on. Now when i plug it into my computer, it installs the drivers and whatnot, like the phone was on. Now if i plug it into the wall charger i get nothing, no red light, no powering on. If i take out the battery and plug it in, i get the no battery symbol and the screen turns on. Can anyone help figure out why it won't turn on?
    03-16-09 03:32 PM
    Greetings and welcome to CB! Try a new battery first and if that does not work, try wiping the device and re-installing the OS.
    03-16-09 03:54 PM
    Hmm, i downloaded the blackberry software from the blackberry website. I went to do the upgrade, because i can't find an option to reflash or reformat it. But all i get is it trying to connect to the phone. Tho the phone is reconized by my computer and the software.
    03-16-09 04:05 PM
    There is actually not an option to reformat the phone. I would use JL_CMDER to wipe the phone and put it back to the factory defaults. Here is a link on how to do this:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-wipe-jl_cmder-53502/

Once wiped, reload the OS you downloaded with Desktop Manager. The link above is great step by step tutorial with illustrations.

Good Luck!
    03-16-09 06:54 PM
    how to desactivate system administrator password on my bb
    03-20-09 09:15 PM
    you can try blackberry master control program
    03-22-09 05:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD