hey
    im havin a strange problem....with my my blackberry 8800 since last night...im not able to send/recieve any text msgs same with calls too....everytime i make a call a message pops up "CALL FAILED"....im able use to the data services flawlessly.
    I have pulled the battery several times....downgraded my handheld software too....disabled data services...but the problem is still there

the cell is working fine on different operator's sim....and my operator sim is working fine on another cell....i even tried my friends sim same operator on my bb...and his sim is also showing the same problem

im having excellent signal with edge on my operator.
    my handlheld software is V4.50.132
    im sure u guys will help me out....
    02-17-10 12:39 PM
    sounds like a hardware issue. it your phone still convered under warranty?
    02-17-10 01:17 PM
    nope....no warranty....
    but as i said earlier...im able to recieve and make calls wid anothers operators sim....im havin problems wid my operators sim....
    02-17-10 01:22 PM
    It may be a problem with your sim then. Contact your carrier and you should be able to get a new sim.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-17-10 01:24 PM
    i just hope so....
    that the problem is from the operators side...
    caz i tried another sim from da same operator...same thing...call failed on calling
    02-17-10 01:29 PM
    problem solved....
    reason:had to change IMEI code
    moderators plz closed this thread
    02-19-10 03:13 AM
    Hi im in the exact same position and was just wondering as to whether you could inform me how change the IMEI number and why that helps correct the problem

thanks alot
    03-15-10 02:34 PM
    Hi im in the exact same position and was just wondering as to whether you could inform me how change the IMEI number and why that helps correct the problem

thanks alot
    hey
    i did it using rim radio tool...its a small file....google it !!
    03-16-10 02:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD