Hey all, just got a BB 8830WE a few hours ago. This was done kinda as a culmination of info I gathered from an earlier thread. I can't link the other thread due to lack of post count.

I did some searching through the forums and ran into a number of posts/threads that indicated there's pretty much no way to run shockwave on any cellphone. I was going to put up a few threads in the software forums but before I do I wanted to make sure that the information I have is still current.

So, is it possible to run shockwave on my BB 8830WE (Or any other cellphone for that matter)? If so, how possible is it? Is this something worth pursuing now or should I just wait 'till the tech catches up with what I want it to do?

Thanks in advance. Like I said, not looking for too much in-depth stuff (though I'll take that too if you're offering). I just wanted to check my sources before making an *** of myself on your lovely forums. Which may be a foregone conclusion but hey, it happens.
    03-26-09 08:26 PM
    Sorry, no shockwave on the 8830. I don't think Abobe is working on it for any phone OS other than the iPhone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-26-09 09:23 PM
    Not shockwave, but I heard a rumor that the flash crew was working on an implementation for the BB OS

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-26-09 11:12 PM
    Bah. Alright, I'll probably end up returning the phone on Monday. I'll give it a whirl over the weekend but... I was really hoping it would do what I needed it to. Oh well. It was worth trying. Thanks for your time.
    03-27-09 10:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD