Is it possible to block the phone from communicating with the Sprint BIS servers when roaming internationally? I don't want to get caught with a huge data roaming bill. Basically just want to be able to receive calls and txt messages when overseas and Not access my BB e-mail account.
    09-10-08 04:35 PM
    Turn off Data under Manage Connections.
    09-10-08 07:10 PM
    Go to options the mobile network then set data to off when roaming

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-11-08 10:17 AM
    There must be an echo here...
    09-11-08 08:31 PM
    OK but I don't want all of the data off because I still want to be able to receive txt messages, just don't want the phone constantly checking for the Blackberry services.
    09-11-08 09:22 PM
    Txt Messages Are Not Data. Turn Off Data.
    09-12-08 08:44 AM
    Not really an echo, maimum explained the steps how to do it. Not everyone knows how to turn the data off.

09-13-08 06:08 PM
    No... Not really an echo ur instructions sounded like turning the data off completly there should be an option called data off while roaming so just a tad different but ur way works too...everybodys processes a little different so I thought precise instructions might help
    09-14-08 07:07 PM
    No... Not really an echo ur instructions sounded like turning the data off completly there should be an option called data off while roaming so just a tad different but ur way works too...everybodys processes a little different so I thought precise instructions might help
    I have a curve on 4.5 and the default option is 'Turn Data Off When Roaming'. I was curious and didn't even know about this until I read this posting.
    03-23-09 09:47 AM
    Is there an echo in here? Turn data off while roaming... Wait, what? Shoot!

03-23-09 02:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD