Hi, anyone know how I would go about transferring my # over from my Treo 650 Sprint to my new Blackberry 8830?
    01-07-08 04:45 AM
    Are you talking about your contacts? Just sync with Outlook once you have your BlackBerry. Using Desktop Manager...
    01-07-08 05:42 AM
    If you mean porting your current phone number from existing phone to new BB, your provider will do it for you, Or just move SIM card from one to the other.
    01-07-08 10:14 AM
    If you mean porting your current phone number from existing phone to new BB, your provider will do it for you, Or just move SIM card from one to the other.
    First of all, CDMA phones don't use sim cards. Second, and this is for the OP, why not call your provider about this? The new phone may be a BB, but that doesn't change the way a number is ported to it. Call your provider, they have step by steps for this.
    01-07-08 10:20 AM
    guess I should've been more specific with the question.

basically since I bought the phone, I realized that the internet and everything still works on the phone from the previous owner and I wanted to just set up the e-mail so I can have 2 phones, one for e-mail and the other just for voice cause I do like the phone book on my old treo better then the blackberry.

trying to set up the e-mail it says that there is already an e-mail assigned to this PIN. the question is whether there was actually a way around this. or do I just have to go to sprint and change it over to be able to set up the e-mail?

thanks to everyone who responded.
    01-07-08 12:47 PM
    First of all, CDMA phones don't use sim cards. Second, and this is for the OP, why not call your provider about this? The new phone may be a BB, but that doesn't change the way a number is ported to it. Call your provider, they have step by steps for this.
    actually, I popped open the phone and this phone actually has a sim card in it. must be something to do with world edition or something like that.
    01-07-08 02:14 PM
    actually, I popped open the phone and this phone actually has a sim card in it. must be something to do with world edition or something like that.
    The SIM is for the GSM portion of the phone which DOESN'T work in the US or better stated with US frequencies. In the US is can only be used on CDMA networks... which don't use SIMs so my previous statements are correct.
    01-07-08 08:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD